The beautiful Japanese oasis Hakone Gardens, 21000 Big Basin Way, is inviting the public to celebrate the Chinese New Year on its gorgeous lawns at 11 a.m. Sunday, March 3.
A flier about the celebration says the highlights will include:
- A children's lion dance performance at the grand entrance gate
- Traditional Chinese music, tai chi demonstration, calligraphy and children's activities
- Ladies Drumming Group in a colorful bazaar setting
- Exhibit featuring Qing Dynasty Chinese children's hats in Hakone's Cultural Exchange Center and museum
- Chinese paintings and scroll displays
- Chinese arts and crafts that will include assortments of traditional hand-made items and festival snake kite and banners
- Festival food booths will include Chinese dim sum and noodles, desserts, drinks and other refreshments. All food and drinks for sale.
A free bus shuttle will pick up guests at the corner of Big Basin Way and 6th Street in Saratoga Village.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for seniors and students and children under 5 are free.