The Saratoga Community Interfaith Thanksgiving Service will take place 10 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 22 at Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church, 13601 Saratoga Ave.
The 47th annual observance is sponsored by the Saratoga Ministerial Association, which partners with the City of Saratoga to promote numerous give-back-to-the-community service projects.
As in years past, the service falls on Thanksgiving Day, making it extra special for participants who join together in singing, praying and fellow-shipping. The ceremony includes singing of hymns, the reading of a Thanksgiving prayer by different clergy and the reading of Hebrew, Christian scripture and choir performances.
"All members of the community are welcome," said Saratoga Councilmember Howard Miller.
The faith groups participating this year include:
- Church of the Ascension - 12033 Miller Ave
- Congregation Beth David - 19700 Prospect Rd
- Home of Christ Church - 20548 Lomita Ave
- Immanuel Lutheran Church - 14103 Saratoga Ave
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church - 12770 Saratoga Ave
- Sacred Heart Church - 13716 Saratoga Ave
- Saint Andrews Episcopal Church - 13601 Saratoga Ave
- Saint Archangel Michael Serbian Orthodox Church - 18870 Allendale Ave
- Saint Nicholas Orthodox Church - 14220 Elva Ave
- Saratoga Federated Church - 20390 Park Place
- Saratoga Presbyterian Church - 20455 Herriman Ave
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - 19100 Allendale Ave
- Westhope Presbyterian Church - 12850 Saratoga Ave
- West Valley Muslim Association - 12370 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Rd